How bad is this: I finally tracked down a problem some IE users were having with
sirens3.com, and discovered that it’s caused by code I put on the site to work around other IE deficiencies.
For those who care, the problem seems to be related to using ECMAScript to traverse and modify the DOM. There are vague references to this all over the ‘net–the symptom is that IE will load a page, then pop up an error dialog reading
Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site http://example.com. Operation aborted.–but nothing in the way of confirmation, or even acknowledgement, of the issue by Microsoft.